Gratitude vs Hopelessness

The Promises

Living my Dreams Everyday 

Aug 20, 2012 made 6 years since my last drink, I recall the way it was and how I embraced the promises in the Big Book of Alcoholic Anonymous. They reinforced hope into my life and now they have materialized into my being. Truly.

 

It goes like this: 
 If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through.  We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.  We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.  We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.  That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.  We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away.  Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.  Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.  We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.  We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us — sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.
Page 83-84
~Alcoholics Anonymous

In the day I wondered about the promises and what secret they held. I wondered about who I would become and how my life might be. I knew that I had to change. I had great dreams of my life and who I ought to be. I have never lost sight of that and even now it's still day to day, I continue to work at being to best person I can be. I live in gratitude as I am blessed everyday to continue this Life. I made promises to myself that I am realizing now.


“Promise Yourself

To be so strong that nothing
can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity
to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel
that there is something in them
To look at the sunny side of everything
and make your optimism come true.

To think only the best, to work only for the best,
and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past
and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times
and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself
that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear,
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world,
not in loud words but great deeds.
To live in faith that the whole world is on your side
so long as you are true to the best that is in you.”
― Christian D. Larson
 Your Forces and How to Use Them


When I stepped out on Faith and God led me to Patricia Grabow to help her with her Social Media - this change shifted my life. Over the last 2 years She has been a great teacher and friend. She is the kindest most loving individual that I have ever had in my life. She encourages me and supports my ideas. The respect and admiration I have for her is mirrored back to me.

In my online experience over the last 6 years I have spent a lot of money and time researching all kinds of make money online. to no avail I lost faith in every single one because they where invisible people that had empty promises or self serving people who required boat loads of money that I didn't have. When I emailed them I couldn't get support and so I let go. The saying goes Let go, Let God. I don't stand to look at closed doors as I might missed the doors that God has opened for me.

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear" ~Buddha 
2006, I found myself homeless in Hampton, Virginia.
I never in my wildest dreams imagined for one
second that I would travel across the U.S.
 to become a transient. But,that's what happened.
 Not to worry didn't sleep outdoors very long.
I trust on the Lord to meet my needs and
My needs are met exceedingly.

I had a unresolved issue with my mama far too long and in the light of cancer, the issue faded away. All is there now is two shining hearts, mine and hers. I call her everyday now. She has taken to making hand crafted soap. Something my youngest sister is also doing. They are promoting their soaps through their Facebook Fanpages and I am helping my mama with her twitter, Etsy store and a little bit with her Facebook. It kind of silly how obsessed I've become about soap and the joy I get from helping my mama. As it should be. ThankU Lord.

Blessings Bath and Body Boutique by ~Jewell Crisp 
 




Successful people do what unsuccessful people won't do.


 I am blessed and greatly favored ...

~Special Blessings of Love 2U ...
~Debbie:)


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Blogger Blogger Google pinterest
Contact me: Google Talk 4062339559 Skype montanadreamakerportal 
Faith Not Fear!




No comments:

Post a Comment